Welcome to Definition of a Man.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lucky Bitches

This is kind-of a straight-themed post, only instead of admiration, I'm just filled with plain ol' jealousy...seeing how these women can so easily enjoy the company of a hot shirtless guy without a stranger batting an eye. *this is a somewhat political/social commentary post; sorry for the rambling*

Obviously, gay couples can enjoy their private time together in bed. But what about two straight guys? I mean, when my straight friends come over to my apartment, they rarely enter my bedroom, and when they do, I always consciously make sure the door stays open. Another point, the only time you see pictures of 'straight' guys in bed with each other is when they are drunk and playing for the camera...So I ask: why can't two sober adult male friends lay in bed together (they don't even have to be shirtless) doing mundane things such as reading a book or watching TV...something that female friends do all the time?

Sure, male buddies can ride a jet ski together, but there's usually thick-padded life vests between them, and a guy putting his hands on the other guy's hips is a big no-no. *this comment also works well regarding motorcycles*

(BTW, here's more of the above guy's fantastic bod)

What about intimate public displays of affection; a scene like the picture below would've been scandalous in the olden days, but people's perception has changed over time. Today that scene is as normal as the fact that water is wet. But of course, the reaction for gay couples in public hasn't changed much...

Sure, I'm pretty jealous of female Abercrombie models...but then again, Abercrombie guys are often encourage to be very playful with other male models. So it's not all bad...


What aggravates me about Abercrombie is the store greeting tradition. The guys can flaunt all their hotness, and the shopping girls all swarm around him to get a picture. But you never see a male costumer asking for a picture. Double-standards!


Um, I don't really have anything more to add...but here's Kellan Lutz!!!!


*I'm sure all the featured girls are pretty nice gals, and the title of the post does not really reflect their personality. Please don't take it personally*

8 comments:

SuperchilledTrevor said...

I agree it's still not generally publicly acceptable for two men to embrace / be close in public (but yes there are increasing numbers of places where it might be okay). I was at the beach today and there were a few straight couples who were very intimate and I was thinking - if these were two guys - it would attract a whole lot more attention. Definitely. And not all positive. But the less we do it - the less acceptable it will become. I guess the question is who wants to be first? Who wants to be vilified?

But why do you leave your door open if guys are in your room? Why not leave some uncertainty? Does it really matter what people think? After all no-one has any idea of what's actually happening, their assumptions say more about them than you, no?

Kenn said...

PDAs are only appropriate if the couple is attractive. Two guys who look good are going to get less of a negative response than mixed gender whales. It's aesthetics more than anything.

alex said...

who is the guy on the jet ski????
he is super hot!!!!!!

Galdio said...

You're mostly right in everything. It's not easy to be affectionate with most of the straight men, and less if they're in public.

I've got naps on straight friends' laps, I hug them whenever I feel like it, and even take them by the arm while walking the street. Yet, I would never do it in front of people they don't know much, or in the middle of a crowd. (I don't wanna feel rejected, plus I don't want people to think they're what they're not)

I guess the traditional male role implies men are only affectionate with women they have some sexual or romantic interest in.

Fortunately, that image is changing.

But say, at the sight of a man hugging another in the middle of the street, won't you think both are gay? I hope reality changes enough so that it's even normal for us to see these situations without labeling by sexual orientation.

(I wish I had the courage to take a picture with an A&F model. I think I'd feel like a pervert! XP)

Krytoh said...

Nice scan of Luke! What's that from?

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine (he's in his late 80's) who was WW2 I believe said guys use to be way more affectionate with one another. Then it became a taboo.

There's this sense that guys want to be playful with another. They hit each other on the ass at games and what not. They love "playing" gay etc.

I think if society and people didn't make it such a big deal (their the #1 problem imo), I'd think guys would be more open to being playful with one another.

It would be great to just hug a guy or do girly things (in a more masculine manor of course) and have it not mean a thing. It's the taboo and society that messes with the mentality of it all.

I think it's slowly changing though.

rickisimus2 said...

Mmmm, I think I'm a pervert! This summer I've take some pictures with some A&F models with my boyfriend and alone... they were very nice with both of us.

Rex said...

love the post, and discussion