Welcome to Definition of a Man.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

Monday, September 7, 2009

My Aussie Tour Guide: Toby Barnett

*this story is fictional*

As excited as I was to meet all four of the McGregor quadruplet (see yesterday's post), I was even more excited to visit Australia, a place I had never been before. Thank God, during the international flight, I happened to be sitting next to a hunky Australian model named Toby Barnett who was returning after doing some photoshoots in the states. We had a nice conversation and exchanged contacts as we got off the plane.

When I reached the address of the McGregors, who lived in Melbourne, I was greeted by their neighbor who said they had traveled to Perth to visit their sick aunt and probably wouldn't be back for a week. Having no place to stay, I called up Toby and he gladly gave me the direction to his apartment.



When I first met him on the plane, I could tell Toby was an outdoors guy, very active, taking Australia's amazingly varied topography and using it to the best of his abilities. But boy, I didn't know how extreme and intense he was.

Only having rested for a day, Toby declared himself my tour guide and took me for a ride. I was expecting to perhaps drive to the heart of the city and explore all the buildings and attractions they have there. But nope, we drove in the opposite direction, through the suburbs, then outside the city limits. Hours later, I realized we were in the Australian savannah. The Outback! We came to a stop in the middle of nowhere and got out of the car. I asked him what he had planned. He only smirked and said, "You'll see." Waiting half an hour, the first sign of anything came with a roar from high above as a plane slowly descended and came to a rolling stop right in front of us. When we got on the plane, I saw the parachute gears and almost fainted...


Let's just say, Toby is one wild man and I was so lucky to have him as a tour guide. While I didn't exactly get to explore Australia in the way most other tourists would have, I knew I could do that kind of stuff with the McGregors when they came back. For now, I'm enjoying the hell out of this wild and fun adventure I'm having with Toby.

Surf's up!

3 comments:

vanilla said...

so jealous!! who r u and y do u get to hang with toby barnett? :P

luv ur blog, btw...

ryank said...

vanilla said...
so jealous!! who r u and y do u get to hang with toby barnett? :P

So taken by the images, missed the first line.

Kenneth Johnson aka Sebastien Penn said...

haha, actually, that first line wasn't there before...